Advice for Men Getting Divorced
Divorce is a toll-on-emotions experience. Neither men nor women are happy, rather they both are on edge and are not at all rational. Especially men in India, who do not like to express feelings, are more troubled by divorce than they think. And that is why men getting divorced should open up to all emotional issues rather than curbing them to better deal with divorce.
Before we get on to the important aspects that men usually overlook during divorce, here is a list of must-do things in divorce that men getting divorced should first have their hands on.
- Get a good divorce lawyer: Donít think about saving money in hiring a lawyer. He is the one that makes or breaks your case. And remember lawyers are in for their business and not for getting you what you want. It never hurts to keep a check on your lawyer activities and his plan of case proceeding rather than blindly trusting them with your information.
- Disown Joint Accounts and Credit Cards: You donít want to spend anymore on your wifeís expenses that you no longer feel responsible to provide for. You would have to expel her name from all joint accounts before she unduly takes advantage. So, you need to curb your expenses and channel them into more required zone.
- Discuss Division Option: You and your wife should agreeably settle down for an intelligent way of dividing the property to avoid long drawn court battle, avoiding extra expenses. Though in India, it is very tough for women to claim right on property, yet it is safe to understand how much she expects so as to prepare you.
Advice for men getting divorced is a carefully build up tactics to be remembered during divorce. Here they are.
- Avoid Indulging in Relationships During Divorce: Most men in India cannot avoid the temptation of forming another relation while still in divorce proceedings, maybe to work off some frustration. But, for men, it is even more essential to maintain an image in front of court to alleviate the severity of consequences of already favored decisions of divorce towards women. Dating with divorce in process is not a good idea of charming a judge.
- Abuse is a Complete No: Out of frustration, men in India seek physical, verbal or even sexual abuse to vent their anger. But undoubtedly, this will tip the scale completely in favor of your wife, leaving you nothing but humiliation. You should learn to keep your emotions in control and make a habit of avoiding heated arguments during divorce.
- Maintain Communication Proof: Men often hate writing itsy-bitsy details about what happened today with wife and all those family conversation. However, it is the key to your case and can earn you nice settlement agreement in court. Emails, phone calls and letters are evident that can be helpful to your case.
- Settle-It-Once-And-For-All Attitude: Donít sign up the settlement agreement papers unless you are sure that is all you can get away with. More often, you are so tired of the far stretched divorce proceedings that you just want to put an end and settle for unwanted agreement, which often turns out to be expensive in longer run.
However cruel and calculated it sounds, truth is divorce is a fight and you canít be generous in a fight. Laws unquestionably favor women and not being thoroughly prepared can leave you dumb-founded when she walks away with your life-savings. Your marriage is over and you should deal with your wife rationally rather than letting emotions run your case.